Network Systems Engineer (CEC)
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, detail- Systems Engineer Networking for the Enterprise Services team within IT.
The Network Engineer will be part of the team responsible for all design, implementation, and support of network infrastructure within our multi-tenant Data Centers, public cloud, and customer sites. This role will be an internal technical position focusing on the overall architecture, initial configuration, and deployment of network infrastructure as well as documentation of all processes and procedures in support of the Converge network infrastructure. This individual will also be the ultimate point of escalation for network incidents within the environment.
- Run the production network infrastructure that supports our core platform, products, and services with a consistent focus on availability and performance. Resolving incidents quickly and where possible and empowering the Converge Infrastructure Operations Center to support our customers and services.
- Work directly with customers, sales, product management, and other engineering teams to design, build and operate solutions that align to customer needs and prioritize efficient operations for Converge. Implementing existing network service design models, or creating new models where needed.
- Measure and optimize network performance and reliability, with a constant desire to push our capabilities forward to align with customer needs. Work with the Converge Infrastructure Operations Center (IOC) and customers during incident or request escalation. Continually providing enablement to the IOC through collaborative runbooks and tools that simplify network operations.
- Build high performance and reliable network systems, amplifying your expertise through documentation and automation that allows your peers and other teams to utilize the systems effectively.
- Participate in 24/7 on call rotation.
Bachelor’s degree in (Comp Sci/IT/IS or related) or equivalent experience required.
ITSM certification preferred, ITSM foundation training required.
- Competency in one or more public cloud providers required. Platforms include AWS, GCP, Azure and IBM Cloud.
- Experience with BGP and OSPF
- Strong understanding of network troubleshooting, TCP/IP, VLANs, public cloud connectivity (interconnect, direct connect, express route), IPsec VPN, VXLAN, EVPN, Spine/Leaf Architecture, VRF.
- Experience working with multi-tenant network environments.
- Experience with Arista, Cisco, or Cumulus preferred. Mellanox optional.
- Experience with VMware NSX-T desired.
- Experience with automation tools and languages (Ansible, Terraform, git, Python, Go)
- Experience with modern telemetry-based monitoring, and data collections methods such as Telegraf, gnmi, OpenTelemetry, and Prometheus exporters for network devices a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide mentorship
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers and non-technical personnel
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, quickly resolve complex problems using analytical skills, technical expertise, or research
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current professional level certification in a network specialization (CCNP/CCIE, JNCIP/JNCIE-(DC/SP), VCP-NV 2022, Google Professional Cloud Network Engineer)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
Expert analytical and problem-solving skills
Excellent presentation skills
Works well in a fast-paced team environment; able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
Effective collaboration with remote and distributed teams
Hands-on, committed, team player with a clear emphasis being able to work independently, driven and enthusiastic
Self-motivated to continuously expand personal, professional knowledge. Professional with good organizational skills
Experience working in a company going through significant growth and associated maturing of processes
Outstanding organizational skills
Can communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, savings fund, Christmas bonus, grocery bonus, annual bonus
Vacation, Sick, Holiday, and paid leaves
Save on commute
Paid office parking
Medical related discounts
In the heart of Sonata, with views of Popocatepetl volcano, restaurants and amenities close by
Team social events, Holiday dinner
Join your colleagues in various sport activities in the area
Eat & Drink
Enjoy a kitchen stocked with drinks, coffee, and snacks at low cost.