Network Security Engineer
The Network Engineer is responsible for design, provision,
installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and
software and related infrastructure. This person is expected to be a subject
matter expert managing converged network technologies. Will also input to
network architecture to ensure appropriate technology strategy to meet business
requirements. This individual should be a highly qualified network with
up-to-date hands-on skills. In addition, the ability to interact with distributed
engineers, customers, and all levels of senior executive staff.
- Anticipates potential problems associated with network infrastructure or service level trends.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned.
- Creating network architectures and designs, including architectural standards and principles, general design documentation, bills of material, and configurations.
- Assisting business analysts in resolving reported customer issues.
- Creating and maintaining system documentation and infrastructure drawings.
- Review system logs assuring optimal performance.
- The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Engineering, configuration, installation, maintenance and upgrade the network, local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), Wireless LAN (WLAN), software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN), Security Solutions and Unified Communications.
- Providing technical support to various customers and departments/users.
- Reviewing anomalies that are broad and potentially service impacting.
- Researching, evaluating and recommending hardware and software solutions.
- Acting as an escalation point for network & UC related customer issues from Customer Service Center.
- Planning of implementation activities prior to the installation of network & UC hardware.
- Familiarity with networking tools (ping, trace, tracemon, NetMon, Wireshark, Solarwinds, VoIP tools and debugs, RTMT, etc.)
- Knowledge and skills with Cisco Nexus using NX-OS.
- Knowledge of WLAN Controllers (WLCs), Cisco ISE, IPsec VPNs, Cisco ASR and ISR routers, Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches and Cisco SD-WAN.
- Proficiency in routing/switching: preferably BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, DMVPN, MPLS, VLANs, STP, VTP, IOS, IOS-XE and NX-OS.
- Proficiency in security/firewalls: Cisco ASA/Firepower experience required, experience with Palo Alto preferred.
- Strong understanding of server and network virtualization technologies, including ESX standard and distributed switches, ASA virtual contexts, VRFs, VPCs, and VDCs.
- Granular knowledge of TCP/IP, SNMP, Netflow, and network management.
- Implementing and supporting network security solutions in accordance with best practices and company policies.
- Strong knowledge with collaboration solutions including H.323, MGCP, SIP, SCCP protocols, codecs (G.711, G.729, etc.) and Digital/Analog telephony.
- Strong experience with different telephony modules, cards/ports: CUE, CME, PVDM, VWIC, E1/T1, FXO, FXS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, RTP, sRTP, QoS. Transcoders, MTPs, Conferences, MoH.
- Experience with Session Border Controllers and Emergency Responder.
- Knowledge in Contact Center, Recordings tools, Dialers, Fax and Wallboards.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- ITSM foundation training required.
- 5+ years network engineering experience in large Enterprise environments or MSP
- MSP and consulting experience highly preferred.
- CCNP Enterprise Infrastructure (Routing & Switching) certification.
- CCNP Collaboration certification is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Other CCNP certification is a plus.
- Experience with Cisco routing and switching technologies is required; Nexus experience preferred.
- Experience with Prime Site Survey, VPN Anyconnect, DMVPN, MPLS, Solarwinds, Infoblox, Splunk, Cisco ACS/ISE, F5 Balancers is highly preferred.
- Cisco configuration and troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms including Cisco Wireless, Firewall ASA, Firepower, Routing and Switching (medium to expert level), Cisco ISE, Site to Site VPNs, Cisco SD-WAN is highly preferred.
- Experience with Cisco Solutions is required.
- Fluent English language skills required: verbal and written communication.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong stakeholder relationship management skills.
- Strong investigative and analysis skills.
- Strong technical and process design and implementation skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong customer focused and ability to manage customer expectations.
Medical, Dental and Life Insurance. Savings Fund, Vacations Bonus, Christmas Bonus, Grocery Bonus, Annual Bonus.
Vacations and Holidays.
Save on commute
Paid office parking.
Medical related discounts.
In the heart of Puebla, with views of Popocatepetl volcano, restaurants and amenities close by.
Team social events and Christmas Dinner.
Join your colleagues in various sport activities in the area.
Eat & Drink
Enjoy a kitchen stocked with drinks, coffee, and at low cost.